- » Loctite Products
- » Loctite Glue
- » LOCTITE 638 HIGH STRENGTH - RETAINING COMPOUND - METAL ADHESIVE GLUE 50 ML
Retaining Compound - high strength. General purpose. Fast curing.
LOCTITE 638 is designed for the bonding of cylindrical fitting parts, particularly where bond gaps can approach 0.25 mm. The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close-fitting metal surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage due to shock and vibration. It not only works on active metals but also on passive substrates, exhibiting robust cure performance. The product offers high-temperature performance and good oil tolerance, and tolerates minor surface contaminants.
- High temperature resistance
- Tolerates minor contaminants, including industrial oils
- High strength on all metals, including passive substrates (e.g. stainless steel)
- Ideal for shafts, gears, pulleys and similar cylindrical parts
- Part No.: 31001
- Colour: Green
- Max. gap size: 0,25 mm
- Service temperature range: -55 to +180°C
- Tensile shear strength in N / mm²: > 25
- Fixture time steel: 4 min.
- Thixotropy: No